Dinnshenchas of Slíab Mairge IIverse beg. Margg mac Giúsca co ngné glain
- Middle Irish
- verse, prose
- Early Irish poetry, Dinnshenchas Érenn, Mythological Cycle, Dinnshenchas
- Margg mac Giúsca co ngné glain
- Dinnshenchas Érenn A
- LL p. 216b: prose introduction and the poem known as Slíab Mairge II (Gwynn's title)
- This recension also contains the short poem Slíab Mairge I (Gwynn's title). Although it occurs between the prose introduction and Slíab Mairge II, it offers an alternative etiological story and is therefore indexed separately (see the reference below).
- Dinnshenchas Érenn B
- LL p. 160a: prose text only
- Dinnshenchas Érenn C
- prose text and the poem known as Slíab Mairge II
- Dinnshenchas Érenn A:
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1339 (H 2. 18) = Book of Leinster [s. xii2]p. 216bbeginning: ‘Margg ingen Rotmand’Prose introduction.
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1339 (H 2. 18) = Book of Leinster [s. xii2]p. 216bbeginning: ‘Margg mac Gíusca cen gním n(.)glain’Poem Slíab Mairge II
- Dinnshenchas Érenn B:
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1339 (H 2. 18) = Book of Leinster [s. xii2]p. 160a
- Oxford, Bodleian Library, MS Rawlinson B 506 ff. 1-16a [s. xiv (+ xvii)]
- Dinnshenchas Érenn C:
- R = Rennes, Bibliothèque de Rennes Métropole, MS 598 ff. 90-125 [s. xiii/xiv (?)]
- B =
- Y =
- Lc =
- M =
- S = Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS D ii 2 (1222) [s. xvi (?)]
- S3 =
- S4 = Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS D iv 2 (992) [s. xv]f. 54vbProse and verse (5 qq).
- H =
- Middle Irish
Primary sources Text editions and/or modern translations – in whole or in part – along with publications containing additions and corrections, if known. Diplomatic editions, facsimiles and digital image reproductions of the manuscripts are not always listed here but may be found in entries for the relevant manuscripts. For historical purposes, early editions, transcriptions and translations are not excluded, even if their reliability does not meet modern standards.
An edition and translation of the prose texts in the Dinnshenchas Érenn as they occur in Rennes, Bibliothèque de Rennes Métropole, MS 598. Missing texts are supplied from the Book of Lecan version.
Secondary sources (select)
page url: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/Dinnshenchas_of_Sl%C3%ADab_Mairge_II
numerical alternative: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/index.php?curid=13188
page ID: 13188
page ID tracker: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/index.php?title=Show:ID&id=13188