Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 P 2 Book of Lecan (Leabhar Leacain)
- Irish, Latin
- s. xvin
- distinct manuscript
- Irish manuscripts
Modern Irish: Leabhar Leacain, also called the Great Book of Lecan (Modern Irish: Leabhar Mór Leacain); also known as the Great Book of the Mac Firbis of Lecan (Leabhar Mór Mhic Fhir Bhisigh Leacáin).
(fl. c. 1390–1418)
No short description available
(fl. c. 1418)
Irish scribe, assistant of Giolla Íosa Mac Fhir Bhisigh.
Murchadh (Riabhach) Ó Cuindlis, Irish scribe; pupil of Giolla Íosa Mac Fhir Bhisigh
Links to texts use a standardised title for the catalogue and so may or may not reflect what is in the manuscript itself, hence the square brackets. Their appearance comes in three basic varieties, which are signalled through colour coding and the use of icons, , and :
- - If a catalogue entry is both available and accessible, a direct link will be made. Such links are blue-ish green and marked by a bookmark icon.
- - When a catalogue entry does not exist yet, a desert brown link with a different icon will take you to a page on which relevant information is aggregated, such as relevant publications and other manuscript witnesses if available.
- - When a text has been ‘captured’, that is, a catalogue entry exists but is still awaiting publication, the same behaviour applies and a crossed eye icon is added.
The above method of differentiating between links has not been applied yet to texts or citations from texts which are included in the context of other texts, commonly verses.
While it is not a reality yet, CODECS seeks consistency in formatting references to locations of texts and other items of interest in manuscripts. Our preferences may be best explained with some examples:
- f. 23ra.34: meaning folio 23 recto, first column, line 34
- f. 96vb.m: meaning folio 96, verso, second column, middle of the page (s = top, m = middle, i = bottom)
- Note that marg. = marginalia, while m = middle.
- p. 67b.23: meaning page 67, second column, line 23
Secondary sources (select)
page url: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/Dublin,_Royal_Irish_Academy,_MS_23_P_2
numerical alternative: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/index.php?curid=474
page ID: 474
page ID tracker: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/index.php?title=Show:ID&id=474