Dinnshenchas of Emain Macha
- Middle Irish
- Dinnshenchas Érenn, dinnshenchas
- Echtra Machae ingine Áeda RúaidThe title is attested in the A-version of the medieval Irish tale lists and may have referred to a version of the same tale.
- Version 1
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 N 10 (967) = Book of Ballycummin [s. xvi]p. 68The version edited by Kuno Meyer (1907) and regarded by Toner (2010: 98) as the earliest extant account.
- Version 2represented mainly by its occurrence as an interpolation in both Tochmarc Emire and the Réim rígraide section of Lebor gabála Érenn. The abridged version which is attested in a single copy of Dinnshenchas Érenn (C) is derivative and refers to Reím rígraide for a fuller account. Manuscripts include:
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1339 (H 2. 18) = Book of Leinster [s. xii2]p. 20a.46ff context: Lebor gabála Érenn (Recension A)
- S =
- Middle Irish
Primary sources Text editions and/or modern translations – in whole or in part – along with publications containing additions and corrections, if known. Diplomatic editions, facsimiles and digital image reproductions of the manuscripts are not always listed here but may be found in entries for the relevant manuscripts. For historical purposes, early editions, transcriptions and translations are not excluded, even if their reliability does not meet modern standards.
Secondary sources (select)
page url: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/Dinnshenchas_of_Emain_Macha
numerical alternative: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/index.php?curid=13792
page ID: 13792
page ID tracker: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/index.php?title=Show:ID&id=13792