Dinnshenchas of Berbaverse beg. In Berba búan a bailbe
- Middle Irish
- prose, verse
- Early Irish poetry, Dinnshenchas Érenn, Mythological Cycle, Dinnshenchas
- In Berba búan a bailbe
- Dinnshenchas Érenn A
- LL p. 216b and p. 191a: poem
- Dinnshenchas Érenn B
- LL p. 159
- Dinnshenchas Érenn A (poem):
- L = Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1339 (H 2. 18) = Book of Leinster [s. xii2]p. 216bFirst part
- L = Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1339 (H 2. 18) = Book of Leinster [s. xii2]p. 191aSecond part, continued from p. 216.
- Dinnshenchas Érenn B (prose)
- L = Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1339 (H 2. 18) = Book of Leinster [s. xii2]p. 159
- Dinnshenchas Érenn C
- R = Rennes, Bibliothèque de Rennes Métropole, MS 598 ff. 90-125 [s. xiii/xiv (?)]
- B = Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 P 12 (536) = Book of Ballymote (Leabhar Bhaile an Mhóta) [1384 x 1406]f. 192va5 qq.
- Y =
- M =
- E =
- H3 = Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1286 2 [c.1746]
- H3 =
- H =
- S = Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS D ii 2 (1222) [s. xvi (?)]f. 11va5 qq.
- S3 =
- Middle Irish
Primary sources Text editions and/or modern translations – in whole or in part – along with publications containing additions and corrections, if known. Diplomatic editions, facsimiles and digital image reproductions of the manuscripts are not always listed here but may be found in entries for the relevant manuscripts. For historical purposes, early editions, transcriptions and translations are not excluded, even if their reliability does not meet modern standards.
An edition and translation of the prose texts in the Dinnshenchas Érenn as they occur in Rennes, Bibliothèque de Rennes Métropole, MS 598. Missing texts are supplied from the Book of Lecan version.
Secondary sources (select)
page url: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/Dinnshenchas_of_Berba
numerical alternative: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/index.php?curid=12790
page ID: 12790
page ID tracker: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/index.php?title=Show:ID&id=12790