Dinnshenchas of Ceilbeverse beg. Mithid dam comma Ceilbe
- Middle Irish
- prose, verse
- Early Irish poetry, Dinnshenchas Érenn, dinnshenchas
- Mithid dam comma Ceilbe
Muirgheas mac Pháidín Uí Maoil Chonaire, of Cluain Plocáin, scribe and compiler of the Book of Fenagh (RIA MS 23 P 26).
- Dinnshenchas Érenn A
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1339 (H 2. 18) = Book of Leinster [s. xii2]p. 200aProse text corresponding to the first three paragraphs of recension C only.
- Dinnshenchas Érenn CProse (with some verse). The poem beg. ‘Mithid dam comma Ceilbe’ occurs only in four manuscript copies.
- Y = Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1318 11, cols. 401-436 = YBL section [s. xv]Prose and verse.
- H = Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1322 (H 3. 3) [s. xvi]Prose and verse.
- S3 = Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS B iii 1 (742) [s. xvii]Prose and poem. The poem is here ascrribed to Muirghes Mac Pháidín Uí Máolchonaire.
- V = Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 24 P 13 (1068) [s. xvii]Prose text and poem.
- Rennes, Bibliothèque de Rennes Métropole, MS 598 ff. 90-125 [s. xiii/xiv (?)]Prose only.
- Middle Irish
Primary sources Text editions and/or modern translations – in whole or in part – along with publications containing additions and corrections, if known. Diplomatic editions, facsimiles and digital image reproductions of the manuscripts are not always listed here but may be found in entries for the relevant manuscripts. For historical purposes, early editions, transcriptions and translations are not excluded, even if their reliability does not meet modern standards.
Secondary sources (select)
page url: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/Dinnshenchas_of_Ceilbe
numerical alternative: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/index.php?curid=13169
page ID: 13169
page ID tracker: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/index.php?title=Show:ID&id=13169