verse beg. Aibhind sin, a Ériu ard
- Late Middle Irish
- Early Irish poetry
- Aibhind sin, a Ériu ard
(d. c. 1160)
Gilla na Náem Úa Duinn
Irish scholar and poet who was attached to the monastery of Inis Clothrann, now Inchcleraun (Island), in Lough Ree.
- Dublin, National Library of Ireland, MS G 2 [s. xiv-xv]f. 30(31)rabeginning: ‘Aibhind sin a Eriu ard’95qq.
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS D ii 1 (1225) = Leabhar Uí Mhaine (The Book of Uí Maine) f. 2(25)vb.inf–3v.mbeginning: ‘Aibhind sin, a Eriu ard’93qq.
- Dublin, National Library of Ireland, MS G 131 [s. xvii]pp. 97.inf–105beginning: ‘Aoibhinn sin a Éire ard’97qq.
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS B iv 2 (1080) [1627-1628]f. 23v.m–27v.mbeginning: ‘Aoibhinn sin a Éire ard’98qq.
- Edinburgh, National Library of Scotland, Adv. MS 72.1.42 [s. xvii (?)]ff. 14r–17rbeginning: ‘Aoibhinn sin a Eire ard’96qq.
- Copenhagen, Det Kongelige Bibliotek, MS NKS 268b = Duanaire Mhéig Uidhir [s. xvi2/xviii]p. 31abeginning: ‘Aoibhinn sin a Ére árd’73qq.
- Edinburgh, National Library of Scotland, Adv. MS 72.1.38 [s. xvii]pp. 171–174beginning: ‘Aoibhinn sin a Eire ard’About 42qq.
- Cambridge, Harvard University, Houghton Library, MS Ir 6 [c. 1726-1728]p. 84bbeginning: ‘Aoibhinn sin a Éire árd’83qq.
- Late Middle Irish
- Middle Irish?
Primary sources Text editions and/or modern translations – in whole or in part – along with publications containing additions and corrections, if known. Diplomatic editions, facsimiles and digital image reproductions of the manuscripts are not always listed here but may be found in entries for the relevant manuscripts. For historical purposes, early editions, transcriptions and translations are not excluded, even if their reliability does not meet modern standards.
Secondary sources (select)
page url: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/Aibhind_sin_a_%C3%89riu_ard
numerical alternative: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/index.php?curid=35198
page ID: 35198
page ID tracker: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/index.php?title=Show:ID&id=35198