verse beg. M’óenurán dam isin slíabh
- Early Irish
- Early Irish poetry
- M’óenurán dam isin slíabh
(fl. 6th century)
founder and abbot of Iona, Kells (Cenandas) and Derry (Daire).
- Lebar Glinne Dá Locha (‘Book of Glendalough’)
See NLI G 3 below. If this manuscript is to be identified with Rawlinson B 502, it does not survive in the extant parts.
- Dublin, National Library of Ireland, MS G 3 = Book of Ádhamh Ó Cianáin [s. xiv-xv]f. 22vaheading: ‘a Lebar Glind Da Lacha in begsa sís’beginning: ‘M'aenaran dam isa (vel dar) sliabh’10 qq.
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1337 4, pp. 59–87p. 83beginning: ‘M'aonorán dam dar sliab’Added after a glossary and written in a different, somewhat fainter ink.
- Second recension :
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1318 6, cols 281-344 = Section of YBLcol. 320.14 ffheading: ‘Colum cilli cecinit ⁊ se oc imthecht a oenar; ⁊ is coimdi do'n tí nod geba ag dul for sed’beginning: ‘M'oenaran dam isin sliabh’17 stt.
- Oxford, Bodleian Library, MS Laud Misc. 615 = Saltair Choluim Chille [s. xvi1]pp. 6.6–7.5heading: ‘Colum Cille cecinit’beginning: ‘M'aonaran dam isan sliab’15 qq.
- Other :
- Brussels, Bibliothèque Royale de Belgique, MS 20978-20979 [s. xvii]f. 58r–vbeginning: ‘M’aenarán damh isin sliabh’
16 qq. Second recension?
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1284 (H 1. 10) f. 149beginning: ‘Maonarán dhamh is an sliabh’
- Early Irish
Primary sources Text editions and/or modern translations – in whole or in part – along with publications containing additions and corrections, if known. Diplomatic editions, facsimiles and digital image reproductions of the manuscripts are not always listed here but may be found in entries for the relevant manuscripts. For historical purposes, early editions, transcriptions and translations are not excluded, even if their reliability does not meet modern standards.
Secondary sources (select)
page url: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/M%27oenur%C3%A1n_dam_isin_sliabh
numerical alternative: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/index.php?curid=7158
page ID: 7158
page ID tracker: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/index.php?title=Show:ID&id=7158