verse beg. Fil and grian Glinne (h)Aí
- Old Irish
- Early Irish poetry, Ulster Cycle
- Fil and grian Glinne (h)Aí
(time-frame ass. with Ulster Cycle)
blacksmith in the Ulster Cycle, whose celebrated hostel (bruiden) becomes the scene of action when Cormac Cond Longas is besieged there by the Connachta.
See more Anonymous [apprentice of Banbán]Anonymous ... apprentice of Banbán
- Cín Dromma Snechtai [s.viii / s. xin]The manuscript is now lost, but an extract from it made by one Gilla Comáin Ó Congaláin is cited as a source in the Egerton 88 copy. The gloss (e.g. Rawlinson B 512, f. 52va) also refers to the Cin Droma.
- (Unidentified)Extract from by Gilla Comáin Ó Congaláin.
- London, British Library, MS Egerton 88 [c. 1564]f. 14rAccording to the colophon, this copy (or at least the poem) derives from the Cín Dromma Snechtai.
- Oxford, Bodleian Library, MS Rawlinson B 512 I, (a) ff. 101-122, (b) ff. 1-36, (c) ff. 45-52 [s. xv / s. xvi]ff. 52rb–52vProse introduction, gloss and poem
- Stockholm, Kungliga biblioteket, MS Vitterhet Engelsk II [s. xvi]p. 1a
- Dublin, National Library of Ireland, MS G 2 [s. xiv-xv]ff. 34vb–35rbPoem with interlinear gloss, followed by the prose account.
- Old Irish
Verse, with prose introduction.
Selected phrases from the poem are cited in O'Davoren's glossary, e.g. s.v. farthud, fer tuinne and forcán (§§ 1013-1015) and grian Glinne hUi (§ 1058).
Primary sources Text editions and/or modern translations – in whole or in part – along with publications containing additions and corrections, if known. Diplomatic editions, facsimiles and digital image reproductions of the manuscripts are not always listed here but may be found in entries for the relevant manuscripts. For historical purposes, early editions, transcriptions and translations are not excluded, even if their reliability does not meet modern standards.
page url: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/F%C3%ADl_and_grian_Glinne_A%C3%AD
numerical alternative: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/index.php?curid=301
page ID: 301
page ID tracker: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/index.php?title=Show:ID&id=301