Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1336 Unit: section 4, cols 645-680
- s. xvi?
- Irish manuscripts
The fourth section of Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1336, covering cols 645-680.
Links to texts use a standardised title for the catalogue and so may or may not reflect what is in the manuscript itself, hence the square brackets. Their appearance comes in three basic varieties, which are signalled through colour coding and the use of icons, , and :
- - If a catalogue entry is both available and accessible, a direct link will be made. Such links are blue-ish green and marked by a bookmark icon.
- - When a catalogue entry does not exist yet, a desert brown link with a different icon will take you to a page on which relevant information is aggregated, such as relevant publications and other manuscript witnesses if available.
- - When a text has been ‘captured’, that is, a catalogue entry exists but is still awaiting publication, the same behaviour applies and a crossed eye icon is added.
The above method of differentiating between links has not been applied yet to texts or citations from texts which are included in the context of other texts, commonly verses.
While it is not a reality yet, CODECS seeks consistency in formatting references to locations of texts and other items of interest in manuscripts. Our preferences may be best explained with some examples:
- f. 23ra.34: meaning folio 23 recto, first column, line 34
- f. 96vb.m: meaning folio 96, verso, second column, middle of the page (s = top, m = middle, i = bottom)
- Note that marg. = marginalia, while m = middle.
- p. 67b.23: meaning page 67, second column, line 23
Primary sources This section typically includes references to diplomatic editions, facsimiles and photographic reproductions, notably digital image archives, of at least a major portion of the manuscript. For editions of individual texts, see their separate entries.
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1336 (continued)
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1387
- Oxford, Bodleian Library, MS Rawlinson B 502
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1308
- London, British Library, MS Additional 4783
- London, British Library, MS Nero A 7
- Copenhagen, Det Kongelige Bibliotek, MS NKS 261b
- Dublin, National Library of Ireland, MS G 3
- Dublin, National Library of Ireland, MS G 11
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS C i 2
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1318/16
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS E 3. 3
Secondary sources (select)
A companion to D. A. Binchy, CIH (1978). Review article: Neil McLeod, ‘Review,A true companion to the Corpus iuris Hibernici’, Peritia 19 (2005).
page url: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/Dublin,_Trinity_College,_MS_1336/4
numerical alternative: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/index.php?curid=14998
page ID: 14998
page ID tracker: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/index.php?title=Show:ID&id=14998