Dinnshenchas of Slíab Bladmaverse beg. Blod mac Con maic Caiss clothaig
- Middle Irish
- verse, prose
- Early Irish poetry, Dinnshenchas Érenn, Dinnshenchas
- Blod mac Con maic Caiss clothaig
early Irish poet whose name is invoked in some manuscripts of Dinnshenchas Érenn, in which he is credited with the composition of a number of poems.
- Dinnshenchas Érenn A (verse):
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1339 (H 2. 18) = Book of Leinster [s. xii2]p. 192abeginning: ‘Blod mac Con meic Caiss chlothaig’Poem.
- Dinnshenchas Érenn B (prose):
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1339 (H 2. 18) = Book of Leinster [s. xii2]p. 159bProse.
- Oxford, Bodleian Library, MS Rawlinson B 506 ff. 1-16a [s. xiv (+ xvii)]
- Dinnshenchas Érenn C
- Middle Irish
Primary sources Text editions and/or modern translations – in whole or in part – along with publications containing additions and corrections, if known. Diplomatic editions, facsimiles and digital image reproductions of the manuscripts are not always listed here but may be found in entries for the relevant manuscripts. For historical purposes, early editions, transcriptions and translations are not excluded, even if their reliability does not meet modern standards.
Secondary sources (select)
page url: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/Dinnshenchas_of_Sl%C3%ADab_Bladma
numerical alternative: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/index.php?curid=12800
page ID: 12800
page ID tracker: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/index.php?title=Show:ID&id=12800