Acallam na senórach‘The dialogue of the ancients’
- Middle Irish
- prose, verse
- Finn Cycle
Five manuscript witnesses:
- Oxford, Bodleian Library, MS Laud Misc. 610 ff. 59–72 and ff. 123–146 = (part of the) Book of the White Earl [c. 1410-1452]ff. 123r–146rbeginning: ‘Fer Muman andes ⁊ ro boí ac denam tshelga laithi naen annso’Incomplete, due in part to chasms in the manuscript and due in part to omission. The six fragments correspond approximately to lines 2044-2235, 2401-3520, 3723-3909, 4079-7355, 7399-7546, 7597-7986 of Stokes' edition.
- Oxford, Bodleian Library, MS Rawlinson B 487 2, ff. 12–52 [s. xv]ff. 12ra–52vbFour fragments.
- Cork, University College, Book of Lismore = Book of Lismore (Leabhar Leasa Móir) [s. xv]ff. 159–197Ten fragments.
- Dublin, University College, MS Franciscan A 4 [s. xv-xvi(?)]
- Middle Irish
- late Middle Irish (or very early Classical Irish)
Expanded, modernised version of a poem concerning Fionn‘s harper Cnú Dereóil, which is found originally in Acallam na sénorach, where it begins Abhuc do fuair Finn ferdha (Stokes ll. 630–683).
Dinnshenchas of Ard Ruide, a royal seat in Munster.Tóiteán Tighe FhinnTóiteán Tighe FhinnA ballad about a tragic event and its aftermath in Fenian tradition. It relates how Garad mac Morna burnt to death the wives of the fían-warriors in Finn's house and how he was afterwards slain by his son Aod.Dinnshenchas of Tonn Chlidna IDinnshenchas of Tonn Chlidna IPoem on the dinnshenchas of Tond Clidna, attributed to Caílte.Dinnshenchas of Tonn ChlidnaDinnshenchas of Tonn ChlidnaProse tract on the dinnshenchas of Tonn Chlidna.
Dinnshenchas of Ard Ruide, a royal seat in Munster.Rise up OsgarRise up OsgarForud na Fíann fás in-nochtForud na Fíann fás in-nochtGéisid cúanGéisid cúanIs úar geimred at-racht gáethIs úar geimred at-racht gáethDinnshenchas of Tonn Chlidna IDinnshenchas of Tonn Chlidna IPoem on the dinnshenchas of Tond Clidna, attributed to Caílte.Turus acam Día h-AíneTurus acam Día h-Aíne
Primary sources Text editions and/or modern translations – in whole or in part – along with publications containing additions and corrections, if known. Diplomatic editions, facsimiles and digital image reproductions of the manuscripts are not always listed here but may be found in entries for the relevant manuscripts. For historical purposes, early editions, transcriptions and translations are not excluded, even if their reliability does not meet modern standards.
Secondary sources (select)
page url: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/Acallam_na_sen%C3%B3rach
numerical alternative: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/index.php?curid=2473
page ID: 2473
page ID tracker: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/index.php?title=Show:ID&id=2473