Reicne Fothaid Canainne‘The reicne of Fothad Canainne’verse beg. A ben, náchamaicille
- Old Irish
- Early Irish poetry, Finn Cycle
- A ben, náchamaicille
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS B iv 2 (1080) [1627-1628]ff. 133v–135rbeginning: ‘A ben nacham aicille’Verse (complete).
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1336 6 (second part), cols 832-874 [s. xvi]pp. 856–858Middle Irish prose introduction (incl. verse citation) and first line of verse.
- Dublin, National Library of Ireland, MS G 7 (Phillipps 9748) [s. xvi]cols 13–14Shorter, Old Irish prose introduction, followed by the first quatrain of the poem. See Hull (1936).
- Old Irish
- brecc-bairdne (5²+6²+5²+6²)
Primary sources Text editions and/or modern translations – in whole or in part – along with publications containing additions and corrections, if known. Diplomatic editions, facsimiles and digital image reproductions of the manuscripts are not always listed here but may be found in entries for the relevant manuscripts. For historical purposes, early editions, transcriptions and translations are not excluded, even if their reliability does not meet modern standards.
Secondary sources (select)
page name: Reicne Fothaid Canainne
page url: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/Reicne_Fothaid_Canainne
numerical alternatve: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/index.php?curid=575
page ID: 575
page ID tracker: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/index.php?title=Show:ID&id=575
Browse linked data