Fís Adomnáin‘Adomnán's vision’
- Irish religious texts, Fís
- independentThe text comes down in a relatively independent form as opposed to being embedded within a larger textual framework.
- Immram Snédgusa ocus Maic Riagla
- The ending of the text only.
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 E 25 (1229) = Lebor na hUidre [s. xi/xii]ff. 27a–31b
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 P 16 (1230) = Leabhar Breac (‘Speckled Book’) [s. xvin]pp. 253b–256a (facs.)
- Paris, Bibliothèque nationale de France, MS celtique 1 V/VII, ff. 30-57 + 74-117 [s. xv?]ff. 95rb–98vb
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 O 48a = Liber Flavus Fergusiorum, part 1 [c. 1435-1440]ff. 17vb–20va
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1318 cols 573–958 = section of the Yellow Book of Lecan [s. xivex/xvin]cols 709–713Shorter version.
Primary sources Text editions and/or modern translations – in whole or in part – along with publications containing additions and corrections, if known. Diplomatic editions, facsimiles and digital image reproductions of the manuscripts are not always listed here but may be found in entries for the relevant manuscripts. For historical purposes, early editions, transcriptions and translations are not excluded, even if their reliability does not meet modern standards.
Secondary sources (select)
page url: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/F%C3%ADs_Adomn%C3%A1in
numerical alternative: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/index.php?curid=4067
page ID: 4067
page ID tracker: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/index.php?title=Show:ID&id=4067