Bretha sén formae ‘Judgments on nets for bird-snaring’
- Old Irish
An Old Irish law tract which is thought to have belonged to the third part of the Senchas Már. The full text is lost, but parts of it are known from a marginal fragment and a few citations in O’Davoren’s glossary.
CIH vol. 6
Citations in O'Davoren's glossary:
Primary sources Text editions and/or modern translations – in whole or in part – along with publications containing additions and corrections, if known. Diplomatic editions, facsimiles and digital image reproductions of the manuscripts are not always listed here but may be found in entries for the relevant manuscripts. For historical purposes, early editions, transcriptions and translations are not excluded, even if their reliability does not meet modern standards.
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1336 (continued)
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1387
- Oxford, Bodleian Library, MS Rawlinson B 502
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1308
- London, British Library, MS Additional 4783
- London, British Library, MS Nero A 7
- Copenhagen, Det Kongelige Bibliotek, MS NKS 261b
- Dublin, National Library of Ireland, MS G 3
- Dublin, National Library of Ireland, MS G 11
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS C i 2
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1318/16
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS E 3. 3
Secondary sources (select)
A companion to D. A. Binchy, CIH (1978). Review article: Neil McLeod, ‘Review,A true companion to the Corpus iuris Hibernici’, Peritia 19 (2005).
page url: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/Bretha_s%C3%A9n_formae
numerical alternative: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/index.php?curid=67394
page ID: 67394
page ID tracker: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/index.php?title=Show:ID&id=67394