Longes mac nUislenn‘The exile of the sons of Uisliu’
- Early Irish
- Ulster Cycle, remscéla to Táin bó Cúailnge
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1339 (H 2. 18) = Book of Leinster [s. xii2]ff. 192rb line 11 – 193rb line 24
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1318 cols 573–958 = section of the Yellow Book of Lecan [s. xivex/xvin]cols 749.20–753
- London, British Library, MS Egerton 1782 [1516-1518]ff. 67r – 69v line 9
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1287 (H 1. 13) pp. 323–327Transcript by Aodh Ó Dálaigh.
- Dublin, National Library of Ireland, MS G 138 [c.1727]pp. 129–136Transcript.
- Early Irish
Cf. the Early Modern Irish version Oidheadh chloinne hUisneach.
Tale of the Ulster Cycle which can be described as a later, Early Modern Irish version of Longes mac nUislenn.
Primary sources Text editions and/or modern translations – in whole or in part – along with publications containing additions and corrections, if known. Diplomatic editions, facsimiles and digital image reproductions of the manuscripts are not always listed here but may be found in entries for the relevant manuscripts. For historical purposes, early editions, transcriptions and translations are not excluded, even if their reliability does not meet modern standards.
Secondary sources (select)
Contents: Part 1 (chapters 1-23): Allgemeines; Part 2 (chapters 1-85): Die Ulter Sage.
page url: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/Longes_mac_nUislenn
numerical alternative: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/index.php?curid=681
page ID: 681
page ID tracker: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/index.php?title=Show:ID&id=681