Lebor gabála Érenn, Ó Cléirigh recension‘The book of the taking of Ireland’
- Early Modern Irish, Modern Irish
- Cycles of the Kings, Irish legendary history, Lebor gabála Érenn, Mythological Cycle, Compilation
- Primary witnesses
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 K 32 (617) [s. xvii]In the hand of Cú Choigcríche Ó Cléirigh
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 M 70 [s. xvii]autograph manuscript of Mícheál Ó Cléirigh; incomplete
- Copies derived from the above, including:
- Revised copies.(1)n. 1 R. Mark Scowcroft, ‘Leabhar Gabhála. Part I: the growth of the text’, Ériu 38 (1987): 84.
- Dublin, National Library of Ireland, MS G 18 [1721–1722]
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1296 (H 2. 5) [s. xviii]
- Early Modern Irish Modern Irish
- Early Modern Irish/Modern Irish.
Middle Irish poem which is concerned with the origins of Emain Macha and is attested as a poem incorporated in recensions of Lebor gabála Érenn. While the Book of Leinster version seems to break off after 16 qq, the longer version which occurs in other recensions (46 qq) has a final quatrain which attributes the poem to Eochaid úa Flainn.
Primary sources Text editions and/or modern translations – in whole or in part – along with publications containing additions and corrections, if known. Diplomatic editions, facsimiles and digital image reproductions of the manuscripts are not always listed here but may be found in entries for the relevant manuscripts. For historical purposes, early editions, transcriptions and translations are not excluded, even if their reliability does not meet modern standards.
Secondary sources (select)
page url: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/Lebor_gab%C3%A1la_%C3%89renn_(%C3%93_Cl%C3%A9irigh)
numerical alternative: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/index.php?curid=14367
page ID: 14367
page ID tracker: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/index.php?title=Show:ID&id=14367