Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1319 Unit: vol. 1, pp. 1-82Irish accounts of the life of Christ
- Irish manuscripts
An Irish paper manuscript (82 pp) containing vernacular translations of Latin accounts of the Life of Christ. It now forms the first volume (bound separately) of a composite manuscript (Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1319).
Links to texts use a standardised title for the catalogue and so may or may not reflect what is in the manuscript itself, hence the square brackets. Their appearance comes in three basic varieties, which are signalled through colour coding and the use of icons, , and :
- - If a catalogue entry is both available and accessible, a direct link will be made. Such links are blue-ish green and marked by a bookmark icon.
- - When a catalogue entry does not exist yet, a desert brown link with a different icon will take you to a page on which relevant information is aggregated, such as relevant publications and other manuscript witnesses if available.
- - When a text has been ‘captured’, that is, a catalogue entry exists but is still awaiting publication, the same behaviour applies and a crossed eye icon is added.
The above method of differentiating between links has not been applied yet to texts or citations from texts which are included in the context of other texts, commonly verses.
While it is not a reality yet, CODECS seeks consistency in formatting references to locations of texts and other items of interest in manuscripts. Our preferences may be best explained with some examples:
- f. 23ra.34: meaning folio 23 recto, first column, line 34
- f. 96vb.m: meaning folio 96, verso, second column, middle of the page (s = top, m = middle, i = bottom)
- Note that marg. = marginalia, while m = middle.
- p. 67b.23: meaning page 67, second column, line 23
Secondary sources (select)
page url: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/Dublin,_Trinity_College,_MS_1319/pp._1-82
numerical alternative: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/index.php?curid=26084
page ID: 26084
page ID tracker: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/index.php?title=Show:ID&id=26084