Cath Maige Rath (second recension)‘The battle of Mag Rath’
- Late Middle Irish, Early Modern Irish
- Cycles of the Kings
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1318 6, cols 281-344 = Section of YBLcols 281–310Version edited by John O'Donovan. The first page is illegible and a folio is missing.
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 K 44 (58) [1721-1722]
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1339 pp. 377–410 = Supplement to the Book of Leinster [c. s. xvi]pp. 409–410Fragment only.
- Late Middle Irish Early Modern Irish
- Myles Dillon (Éigse 7: 201) suggests that the longer recension is “in late Middle Irish, perhaps of the late thirteenth or even of the fourteenth century” and that “the verse is probably earlier than the prose”.
Primary sources Text editions and/or modern translations – in whole or in part – along with publications containing additions and corrections, if known. Diplomatic editions, facsimiles and digital image reproductions of the manuscripts are not always listed here but may be found in entries for the relevant manuscripts. For historical purposes, early editions, transcriptions and translations are not excluded, even if their reliability does not meet modern standards.
Secondary sources (select)
page url: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/Cath_Maige_Rath_II
numerical alternative: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/index.php?curid=42057
page ID: 42057
page ID tracker: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/index.php?title=Show:ID&id=42057