Betha Choluim Chille‘The Life of Colum Cille’
- Middle Irish
- Irish hagiography
Listed in James F. Kenney, The sources for the early history of Ireland: an introduction and guide. Volume 1: ecclesiastical (1966), et al.:
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 P 16 (1230) = Leabhar Breac (‘Speckled Book’) [s. xvin]pp. 29b–34a
- Edinburgh, National Library of Scotland, Adv. MS 72.1.40 [s. xv-xvi]pp. 13–28This copy offers some additional material that is not found in either Leabhar Breac or the Book of Lismore.
- Paris, Bibliothèque nationale de France, MS celtique 1 V/VII, ff. 30-57 + 74-117 [s. xv?]ff. 53–56v
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 24 P 25 (475) = Leabhar Chlainne Suibhne [s. xvi1]pp. 71–80
- Dublin, King's Inns, MS 10 [s. xv]ff. 21v–26
- Middle Irish
Primary sources Text editions and/or modern translations – in whole or in part – along with publications containing additions and corrections, if known. Diplomatic editions, facsimiles and digital image reproductions of the manuscripts are not always listed here but may be found in entries for the relevant manuscripts. For historical purposes, early editions, transcriptions and translations are not excluded, even if their reliability does not meet modern standards.
Secondary sources (select)
page url: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/Betha_Choluim_Chille
numerical alternative: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/index.php?curid=11628
page ID: 11628
page ID tracker: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/index.php?title=Show:ID&id=11628