Aided Chonchobair (versions A–C)‘The death of Conchobor’
- Early Irish
- Ulster Cycle
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1339 (H 2. 18) = Book of Leinster [s. xii2]pp. 123b.40–124b.32Version A.
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS C i 2 (1234) [s. xv-xvi (?)]ff. 5va.12–8rb.30Version A. Not used by Meyer.
- Edinburgh, National Library of Scotland, Adv. MS 72.1.40 [s. xv-xvi]pp. 1.1–3.7Version A. Illegible in part.
- Edinburgh, National Library of Scotland, Adv. MS 72.1.5 [s. xv (?)]ff. 7vb.1–8rb.12Version A. Unknown to Meyer.
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 N 10 (967) = Book of Ballycummin [s. xvi]pp. 16.1–31Version B.
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 O 48b = Liber Flavus Fergusiorum, part 2 [c. 1435-1440]ff. 52ra3–52rb2Version C.
- Early Irish
Versions A, B and C are all in prose. Some witnesses contain a difficult retoiric beg. Ba haprainn nan dáil cu Artrig n-arnac. In Meyer's edition, this retoiric’ is left untranslated, but it has been re-edited and translated by Johan Corthals from LL and 23 N 10.
Two sts of a medieval Irish poem concerning the gigantic physical heights of Tadg mac Céin and Conchobar mac Nessa.
Primary sources Text editions and/or modern translations – in whole or in part – along with publications containing additions and corrections, if known. Diplomatic editions, facsimiles and digital image reproductions of the manuscripts are not always listed here but may be found in entries for the relevant manuscripts. For historical purposes, early editions, transcriptions and translations are not excluded, even if their reliability does not meet modern standards.
page url: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/Aided_Chonchobuir
numerical alternative: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/index.php?curid=2015
page ID: 2015
page ID tracker: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/index.php?title=Show:ID&id=2015