Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1432 (E 3. 3)
- s. xv-xvi
McLaughlin, Roisin, “Fénius Farsaid and the alphabets”, Ériu 59 (2009): 1–24.
This paper examines evidence for the existence of an alternative tradition to that found in Auraicept na nÉces concerning the role played by Fénius Farsaid in the invention of the alphabet of Irish and those of the three sacred languages—Hebrew, Greek and Latin. The sources to be considered are Auraicept na nÉces, In Lebor Ollaman, a Middle Irish text in Oxford, Bodleian Library MS Laud 610, glosses on the copy of Auraicept na nÉces in TCD MS E 3.3 (1432) and the Etymologiae of Isidore of Seville.
“Trinity College, Dublin”, Anne-Marie OʼBrien, and Pádraig Ó Macháin, Irish Script on Screen (ISOS) – Meamrám Páipéar Ríomhaire, Online: School of Celtic Studies, Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies, 1999–present. URL: <https://www.isos.dias.ie/master.html?https://www.isos.dias.ie/libraries/TCD/english/index.html>.
Binchy, D. A. [ed.], Corpus iuris Hibernici, 7 vols, vol. 6, Dublin: Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies, 1978.
comments: numbered pp. 1926–2343; diplomatic edition of legal material from:
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1336 (continued)
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1387
- Oxford, Bodleian Library, MS Rawlinson B 502
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1308
- London, British Library, MS Additional 4783
- London, British Library, MS Nero A 7
- Copenhagen, Det Kongelige Bibliotek, MS NKS 261b
- Dublin, National Library of Ireland, MS G 3
- Dublin, National Library of Ireland, MS G 11
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS C i 2
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1318/16
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS E 3. 3
Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1432, pp. 16b-18a
Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1432, pp. 21b-23b
Abbott, T. K., and E. J. Gwynn, Catalogue of the Irish manuscripts in the Library of Trinity College, Dublin, Dublin: Hodges, Figgis & Co, 1921.
Internet Archive:Internet Archive:
306–323 Abbott, T. K., “1430–1443”
MSS 1430; 1431 (p. 306); 1432 (p. 307); 1433 (p. 308); 1434 (pp. 308-309); 1435 (pp. 309-311); 1436 (pp. 312-317); 1437 (p. 317); 1438; 1439 (p. 318); 1440 (pp. 318-320); 1441 (pp. 320-322); 1442 (p. 322); 1443 (pp. 322-323)
Results for Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1432 (1)