Bibliography

John O. (John Obadiah)
Westwood
b. 22 December 1805–d. 2 January 1893

6 publications between 1850 and 1879 indexed
Sort by:

Works authored

Westwood, John O., Lapidarium Walliae: the early inscribed and sculptured stones, Oxford: Oxford University Press, for the Cambrian Archaeological Association, 1876–1879.
HathiTrust: <link> HathiTrust: <link> Internet Archive – Originally from Google Books: <link>
Westwood, John O., Facsimiles of the miniatures and ornaments of Anglo-Saxon & Irish manuscripts, London: B. Quaritch, 1868.
Internet Archive: <link>


Contributions to journals

Westwood, John O., “Early inscribed stones of Wales”, Archaeologia Cambrensis (3rd series) 6:24 (October, 1860): 314–319.
Journals.library.wales – Front: <link>
Westwood, John O., “The early inscribed and sculptured stones of Wales”, Archaeologia Cambrensis (3rd series) 6:23 (July, 1860): 223–228.
Journals.library.wales – Front: <link>
Westwood, John O., “The early inscribed and sculptured stones of Wales [continued]”, Archaeologia Cambrensis (3rd series) 6:21 (April, 1860): 47–57.  

Contents: the great cross in Nevern church-yard; other stones at Nevern; the Llanidysillio stones.

Journals.library.wales – Front: <link>

Contents: the great cross in Nevern church-yard; other stones at Nevern; the Llanidysillio stones.

Westwood, John O., “On the peculiarities exhibited by the miniatures and ornamentations of ancient Irish illuminated manuscripts”, Archaological Magazine 7 (1850): 17–25.