The catalogue entry for this text has not been published as yet. Until then, a selection of data is made available below.

A marginal note added to Lebor na hUidre (RIA 23 E 25 p. 37b) in 1345 on the occasion when parts of the manuscripts were restored where the ink had faded. The note suggests that at this time, the manuscript was in Connacht.

Manuscript witnesses

Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 E 25 
incipit: ORAIT do Moelmhuiri mac Ceileachair.   “A prayer for Máel Muire mac Célechair”. The author is presumably by Sigraid Úa Cuirrndín/Curnín, who according to the note, restored parts of the manuscript where the ink had faded.
p. 37b.21–p. 37b.36
pp. 37a.24–37b.20   


Primary sources Text editions and/or modern translations – in whole or in part – along with publications containing additions and corrections, if known. Diplomatic editions, facsimiles and digital image reproductions of the manuscripts are not always listed here but may be found in entries for the relevant manuscripts. For historical purposes, early editions, transcriptions and translations are not excluded, even if their reliability does not meet modern standards.

[ed.] [tr.] Best, Richard Irvine, and Osborn Bergin [eds.], Lebor na hUidre: Book of the Dun Cow, Dublin: Hodges, Figgis, 1929.
CELT – edition (pp. 1-338): <link> Internet Archive: <link>
89 lines 2764–2773 (text); x (translation)

Secondary sources (select)

Ó Concheanainn, Tomás, “Textual and historical associations of Leabhar na hUidhre”, Éigse 29 (1996): 65–120.
Walsh, Paul, “Restoration of LU, 1380”, The Catholic Bulletin 29 (November, 1939): 732–736.