Places and peoples

Hengwrt Library

  • repositories
  • (institutions)
  • Hengwrt

Thanks in no small part to the diligent work of Robert Vaughan, the Hengwrt library, near Dolgellau (Gwynedd), housed numerous Welsh and other manuscripts. It continued to be used until 1859, when Sir Robert Williames Vaughan bequeathed it to William Watkin Edward Wynne of Peniarth. The Hengwrt-Peniarth Library, as the combined collection is often known, was purchased in 1905 by Sir John Williams. For a catalogue of manuscripts, see Aberystwyth, National Library of Wales, MS 9095.

Sources

The following does not refer to the present page, but to the data record for the currently selected query subject. It is not yet accessible.
Contributors
C. A., Dennis Groenewegen
Page created
April 2013, last updated: January 2023

Map with surrounding places (150 km radius)

Loading map...