Welsh Charity School
- schools, repositories (institutions) – See also: Manuscript repositories
Originally the British Charity School in London, founded in 1718 by the ‘Most Honourable and Loyal Society of Antient Britons’, in some ways the precursor to the Honourable Society of Cymmrodorion. It housed a considerable collection of manuscripts, which were presented to the British Museum in the early 1840s. The school moved to Ashford in 1857, became a girls school in 1882 and was renamed to St David's School in 1967.
page url: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/Id:Welsh_Charity_School
numerical alternative: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/index.php?curid=60541
page ID: 60541
page ID tracker: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/index.php?title=Show:ID&id=60541