In lebor ollaman‘The ollam’s book’
- Middle Irish
- Irish legendary history, Irish texts on language and literature
The list below follows that of Roisin McLaughlin, ‘Fénius Farsaid and the alphabets’, Ériu 59 (2009):
- Group A
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS D ii 1 (1225) = Leabhar Uí Mhaine (The Book of Uí Maine) ff. 138va57–139rb54Complete
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 P 12 (536) = Book of Ballymote (Leabhar Bhaile an Mhóta) [1384 x 1406]ff. 299b30–301b23Complete. Beginning ‘Cia cet ughdair robhar a nErind?’.
- Edinburgh, National Library of Scotland, Adv. MS 72.1.1 (2) = John Beaton’s Broad Bookff. 19rb61–20rb13Complete
- Dublin, National Library of Ireland, MS G 53 [s. xvii]pp. 37.21–38.14Incomplete.
- Group B (longest version)
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1318 15, cols. 500-572 = YBL section pp. 217a (line 1)–219a (line 22) in facsimile cols 500.1–504.22Complete
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1317 (H 2. 15b) [s. xvii]pp. 105a1–107a3Complete
- London, British Library, MS Egerton 88 [c. 1564]pp. 63a1–63b25Incomplete.
- Group C
- Dublin, National Library of Ireland, MS G 53 [s. xvii]pp. 43.1–49.12Incomplete.
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS A ii 4 (738) [s. xvii/xviiiin]ff. 46r1–47v20Incomplete
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1432 (E 3. 3) [s. xv-xvi]p. 3ffFragment, citations from the text; not used by Calder
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1337 (H 3. 18) [s. xv-xvi]pp. 75c22–75c36Fragment, citations from the text = CIH 622.4–622.12
- Middle Irish
- Middle Irish.
An annotated copy of Auraicept na n-éces.
Primary sources Text editions and/or modern translations – in whole or in part – along with publications containing additions and corrections, if known. Diplomatic editions, facsimiles and digital image reproductions of the manuscripts are not always listed here but may be found in entries for the relevant manuscripts. For historical purposes, early editions, transcriptions and translations are not excluded, even if their reliability does not meet modern standards.
An edition of the list of ancient authors (persaind) of traditional lore at the end of the text in BB. Cf. Pseudo-historical prologue to the Senchas Már.
Secondary sources (select)
page url: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/In_lebor_ollaman
numerical alternative: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/index.php?curid=9177
page ID: 9177
page ID tracker: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/index.php?title=Show:ID&id=9177