Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1319 Unit: pp. 90-110
- s. xv
- manuscript fragment
- Irish manuscripts
Gwynn notes that “it is not easy to say how many hands have been employed”. At least one scribe appears to be identified in the colophon at the end of Cath Muige Tuired Cunga (p. 99b.16), which states that Cormac Ó Cuirnín wrote it in Mag Eithne (‘Plain of Eithne daughter of the Phantom’) for his companion Seán Ó Glaimhín. O'Donovan identifies the plain as a place south of Ballyshannon (Co. Donegal), where the Ó Cuirnín family had been hereditary poets to the Ó Domhnaill family.
Another hand (anonymous) was responsible for pp. 99-110 (Gwynn).
Links to texts use a standardised title for the catalogue and so may or may not reflect what is in the manuscript itself, hence the square brackets. Their appearance comes in three basic varieties, which are signalled through colour coding and the use of icons, , and :
- - If a catalogue entry is both available and accessible, a direct link will be made. Such links are blue-ish green and marked by a bookmark icon.
- - When a catalogue entry does not exist yet, a desert brown link with a different icon will take you to a page on which relevant information is aggregated, such as relevant publications and other manuscript witnesses if available.
- - When a text has been ‘captured’, that is, a catalogue entry exists but is still awaiting publication, the same behaviour applies and a crossed eye icon is added.
The above method of differentiating between links has not been applied yet to texts or citations from texts which are included in the context of other texts, commonly verses.
While it is not a reality yet, CODECS seeks consistency in formatting references to locations of texts and other items of interest in manuscripts. Our preferences may be best explained with some examples:
- f. 23ra.34: meaning folio 23 recto, first column, line 34
- f. 96vb.m: meaning folio 96, verso, second column, middle of the page (s = top, m = middle, i = bottom)
- Note that marg. = marginalia, while m = middle.
- p. 67b.23: meaning page 67, second column, line 23
Secondary sources (select)
page url: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/Dublin,_Trinity_College,_MS_1319/pp._90-110
numerical alternative: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/index.php?curid=20004
page ID: 20004
page ID tracker: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/index.php?title=Show:ID&id=20004