Additamentum Nivialense de Fuilano‘The Nivelles supplement (to the Vita Fursei) concerning Foillan’
- Irish hagiography, Hagiography
Latin Life of St Foillán of Fosses, a brother of St Fursa. It was written as a supplement to Vita Fursei. BHL 3211.
- Post discessu vero beati viri Fursei tempestas illa, quam in spiritu praeviderat, ultramarinis deseviebat in oris.
Krusch’s division of the manuscripts of the Vita Fursei into four classes A, B, C and D is indicated below, even if these might not relate equally to the Additamentum.
- Class A
- Zürich, Zentralbibliothek, MS Rhen. 81 6, pp. 352-379 [s. ix]Inserted in the middle of the Vita Fursei (Krusch's A1a).
- Class C
- Class D
- Paris, Bibliothèque nationale de France, MS lat. 2768A [s. x]ff. 71v–73r
- Melk, Stiftsbibliothek, MS 388 [s. xiii]ff. ?–113
- Heiligenkreuz, Stiftsbibliothek, MS 11 [s. xiiex]ff. 48ra–48rb
- Vatican City, Biblioteca Apostolica Vaticana, MS Vat. lat. 5772 [s. xiiin]ff. 57ra.16–57vb
- For further manuscripts, see the notes by Grosjean, Analecta Bollandiana 75 (1957).
Primary sources Text editions and/or modern translations – in whole or in part – along with publications containing additions and corrections, if known. Diplomatic editions, facsimiles and digital image reproductions of the manuscripts are not always listed here but may be found in entries for the relevant manuscripts. For historical purposes, early editions, transcriptions and translations are not excluded, even if their reliability does not meet modern standards.
Secondary sources (select)
page url: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/Additamentum_Nivialense_de_Fuilano
numerical alternative: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/index.php?curid=3342
page ID: 3342
page ID tracker: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/index.php?title=Show:ID&id=3342