Félire Óengusso‘The martyrology of Óengus’
- Old Irish
- Texts associated with the Céli Dé
(fl. early part of the 9th century)
author of Félire Óengusso
Per Westley Follett, Céli Dé in Ireland (2006): 221.
- LB = Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 P 16 (1230) = Leabhar Breac (‘Speckled Book’) [s. xvin]pp. 75–106
- P = Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 P 3 A, ff. 1-19 [c.1467]ff. 1r–12v
- L = Oxford, Bodleian Library, MS Laud Misc. 610 ff. 59–72 and ff. 123–146 = (part of the) Book of the White Earl [c. 1410-1452]ff. 59r–72r
- R2 = Oxford, Bodleian Library, MS Rawlinson B 512 II, ff. 53–75 [c. 1500]ff. 53v–64rIncomplete.
- B = Brussels, Bibliothèque Royale de Belgique, MS 5100-5104 (507) ff. 68r–119v
- R1 = Oxford, Bodleian Library, MS Rawlinson B 505 2, ff. 211-220 [s. xv]ff. 211r–220r
- F =
- Dublin, National Library of Ireland, MS G 10 2, pp. 19-50 [s. xvi]pp. 20–45Not used by Stokes
- E = London, British Library, MS Egerton 88 [c. 1564]ff. 88–93
- H = Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1337 19, pp. 565–628 [s. xvi (?)]pp. 616b–622bA glossary to the Félire.
- Old Irish
- Old Irish, excluding later additions
A metrical list of the saints of Ireland that represents an expanded version (243 qq) of an earlier such list. This recension is considered to be the work of Cú Choigcríche Ó Cléirigh or Peregrine O’Clery, who prefixed a prose preface in which he explains that he supplied additional verses for saints not previously included and names the sources he used, including the Félire Óengusso and Martyrology of Gorman. His text is accompanied by glosses that appear to have the Martyrology of Donegal as their source.
Medieval Latin litany or lorica, with a preface which attributes its composition to Brendan, abbot of Clonfert. It is preserved in manuscripts from the 11th century onward. Its date of composition is unknown.
Preface (Remfhocul) » entryDescription: A Middle Irish preface added to the text of Félire Óengusso.
 Invocation » entry
 Prologue » entrySummary:
First prologue (prolach)
 January » entry
Primary sources Text editions and/or modern translations – in whole or in part – along with publications containing additions and corrections, if known. Diplomatic editions, facsimiles and digital image reproductions of the manuscripts are not always listed here but may be found in entries for the relevant manuscripts. For historical purposes, early editions, transcriptions and translations are not excluded, even if their reliability does not meet modern standards.
Secondary sources (select)
page url: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/F%C3%A9lire_%C3%93engusso
numerical alternative: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/index.php?curid=310
page ID: 310
page ID tracker: https://codecs.vanhamel.nl/index.php?title=Show:ID&id=310